Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Private Career Colleges

Transport Canada—Aviation

Nav Canada

Civil Aviation Regulations (CARs)

Aviation Medical Examiners

Application for a Pesticide Exterminator License

Transport Canada PPC and Aircraft type ratings

For information on certification and guidelines to obtain an Aerial Exterminator Pesticide License—contact the Pesticide Training Program at 888-620-9999.


Download our Brochure (pdf format)


CHTA requires a deposit of $1,000.00 to confirm enrollment in a training course and a start date. An application form and a student contract are required to accompany the registration fee. The appropriate Class 1 or Class 3 medical certificate must be obtained before any solo flight instruction proceeds so it is advisable to obtain your medical at or prior to signing a student contract.

Here are a few links that you can use to locate publications needed for the various training programs.

If you don’t find what you need, you can always go to Transport Canada’s own web page ( to search for the information yourself.

For your Student Pilot Permit, these are the documents needed:

Student Pilot Permit ( the PSTAR)
TP 11919E

The radio license study guide can be found here:
RIC 21

After that you will need these publications for your general training:

TP 9982E

Helicopter flight training manual that will be used throughout your flight training.
TP 2476E
Study and Reference Guide, Private and Commercial License Helicopter.
(this is a guide that shows what you need to know!)

TP 3077E
Flight Test Guide, Private and Commercial Pilot License, Helicopter (this explains how well you have to do to pass the flight test!